Subject: Re: [boost] GSOC 2010
From: Andrew Sutton (andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-19 09:01:38

> My name is Augustus Odena. I'm really interested in a few of the project
> ideas that Boost has listed for Google Summer of Code (Heaps and Queues,
> Bits and Ints, Graph Connectives and Topology Generators). It was suggested
> to me by the Hints Page that I should join the mailing list - so I've done
> that. I'd really appreciate it if, whenever someone had the time, they
> could
> perhaps fill me in a little bit more on the details behind those projects
> and their relative merits. I'd be happy to provide any sort of information
> about myself that would be helpful.

Hi Augustus,

I'd be happy to answer specific questions if you have any. For the Heaps and
Queues project you might want to look at the boost/pending directory and in
the sandbox libs/pri_queue (IIRC). The BGL projects require a pretty good
working knowledge of the BGL and its concepts. It looks like the Bits and
Ints project may actually be two different projects--one working with
compact data representations and the other building a library for integer
programming.

Andrew Sutton
andrew.n.sutton_at_[hidden]