Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Introduction and questions
From: Felipe Tanus (fotanus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 20:16:04

Hi Boris, Thanks for the answer.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Boris Schaeling <boris_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[...] I also recommend to read these threads:

> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/188736
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/180284
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/180720
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/180277
>
> You might find more relevant threads on the mailing lists if you search for
> Boost.Process. That way you get a complete overview about the problems. :)

        Thank you for the links; I really didn't looked at the archives from
the mailing list yet. This is a nice tip.

> [...] At least I'm not aware of any documentation which explains those
> similarities and differences we are interested in. What might help though is
> studying the Java and .NET API. Sun and Microsoft must have gone this way
> before (at least partly).

        It's sad that aren't any comparatives. I might write one when I
finish to study about the differences. This might help people in future with
the same problems. Surely would be nice take a look at .NET interface, but
I'm not sure how good would be java, since the process API problems (and
magic) should be at the virtual machine, not at the API Itself. I already
take a look at QT, as was suggested on the #boost.

        In the next few days I should send a draft from my proposal. Would
be nice if you could revise it, since by what I understand you know a lot
about process. This way, if the proposal has failures, you might advice me
in time.

       Thank you,

--
Felipe de Oliveira Tanus