Subject: [boost] [Gsoc 2010] Boost.Graph project
From: Jakub Tla³ka (jt292665_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-22 17:38:23

Hello,
I would like to engage in the Boost.Graph project.
I have an idea of a graph architecture for simulating various processes in
networks. I think it would be useful in the Network Workbench.
It would consist of network graph generator. It is something like topology
generator, but apart from inducing topologies, It should also induce given
features characteristic to a certain network (ie density, or distribution of
some vertices parameters over a graph).
In addition there would be some iterate function, that would simulate the
processes given by some dependencies between vertices or edges.

That's the simple draft of the idea. I don't have much experience in this
kind of projects so I'm not quite sure about the possibility/necessity of
the idea. I'm interested in graph theory, I have algorithmic experience
connected with Informatics Olympiad and I'm ready to spend my time expanding
the boost library.

I'm also ready to engage in the other listed problems regarding Boost.Graph.
I would be very grateful for every comment, this is my second open source
project and I'm willing to gain my experience in this field, and contribute
not necessarily in connection with gsoc.

Best wishes,
Jakub Tla³ka