Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-23 19:21:47

Those of us that started out learning C++ before ever learning C, have had
to do lots of backfilling.

By learning C, what I mean is getting really good at pointer manipulations
and managing memory yourself.

C++ encourages all sorts of programming practices that I wish I never
learned and have never been very useful to me as a programmer.

Sorry to say, but as a graphics programer, C++ is practically useless. Its
all C.

However, I'm originally a C++ developer, and i'm still a boost/C++
supporter.

For Boost to remain relevent, it needs to reflect the reality of modern
development. That is most projects are mixed C/C++ projects. The needs of
both communities need to be met.

Because boost only meets the needs of C++ developers, it will continue to
loose relevance.

I'm just saying what people are thinking.