Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 17:43:53

>> The C part in graphics/HPC programming is the equivalent of the "inline Assembler" of earlier days.

Here is were we probably disagree. "C' coding is always going to be
important in graphics programming. Its always going to be around in
the backround. Most will want to wrap it, though, as they always
have.

In the future, hardware acceleration will be even more of an issue
than it has been, so stay tuned. Lots of cool stuff coming your way
very soon.

IMO, you should just play it loose between the two worlds, "C" and
"C++". Pick and choose what works for you, but keep in eye on what
the "C" guys are up to because they are doing some cool as shit.