Subject: Re: [boost] 5 Observations - My experience with the boost libraries
From: James Mansion (james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-24 18:20:38

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> I am a functional style programmer, as are most boost developers.
> Thats why I follow boost. I hate OO style code.

And I guess that's why at least some of us who consider ourselves to be
'programmers
who use C++' are sometimes rather concerned with the direction things
seem to go in
sometimes. Did I imagine finding inheritance and vtables useful?
> This is where boost has not met its potential. Education. So much
> more could be done to educate the masses about the wonders of
> functional programming.

Yeah, some of us don't entirely like functional programming so clearly
we need to be
'educated'. Thanks. :-(