Subject: [boost] GSOC 2010 Boost-Graph
From: Chinmaya Poswalia (chinmaya.poswalia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-25 08:08:34
Myself Chinmaya Poswalia
Computer Science an Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
I am finding all the graph topic(my favorite topic to work on) very
interesting that's why i asked a lot of questions regarding all in one mail.
- i want to work on semantic graph
- how about maintaining an adjacency list, denote V as nodes and E as
edges, so the space complexity will be O(V+E).
- Also we can employ pointers of type void* to point to edges/vertices of
different types so as to maintain the graph of different edge and vertex
- rather than employing a vector in each node and edge either we should
allocate space during insertion or we maintain the size of vector array by
- Through generic programming, all the operations being implemented on
graph up till now will be made applicable on these new members of the
- various functions that can be induced on these graphs are
1. Distribution of node degree
2. finding clustering co-efficient of semantic graph
3. relevance of a link and node
4. scale on semantic graph
5. disparity of connected types/dispersion co-efficient.
- Semantic graph are generating huge level of importance in networking
(network semantics on web), video screening, statistical analysis of
data,etc so it will be a great thing to work on it.
Can you suggest some more links to read on for these
I am working on my proposal about the graph and your help is crucial for me.