Subject: [boost] GSOC 2010 Boost-Graph
From: Chinmaya Poswalia (chinmaya.poswalia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-25 08:08:34

Hi
Myself Chinmaya Poswalia
Computer Science an Engineering
B.Tech,
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati

I am finding all the graph topic(my favorite topic to work on) very
interesting that's why i asked a lot of questions regarding all in one mail.

   - i want to work on semantic graph

   - how about maintaining an adjacency list, denote V as nodes and E as
   edges, so the space complexity will be O(V+E).

   - Also we can employ pointers of type void* to point to edges/vertices of
   different types so as to maintain the graph of different edge and vertex
   types.

   - rather than employing a vector in each node and edge either we should
   allocate space during insertion or we maintain the size of vector array by
   ourself.

   - Through generic programming, all the operations being implemented on
   graph up till now will be made applicable on these new members of the
   library.
   - various functions that can be induced on these graphs are

   1. Distribution of node degree
   2. finding clustering co-efficient of semantic graph
   3. relevance of a link and node
   4. scale on semantic graph
   5. disparity of connected types/dispersion co-efficient.

   - Semantic graph are generating huge level of importance in networking
   (network semantics on web), video screening, statistical analysis of
   data,etc so it will be a great thing to work on it.

Can you suggest some more links to read on for these

I am working on my proposal about the graph and your help is crucial for me.
With regards
Chinmaya