Subject: Re: [boost] The problems with Boost development
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-27 00:57:26

AMDG

Paul A. Bristow wrote:
> - Unmaintained components. Many authors are no longer active, and we have no procedures for taking over. I'd make
> it easier for others to implement changes to trunk - seems to work now with an informal "Ok to change this?" protocol.

 From my perspective, I don't see how to improve this protocol. Sure,
I could just commit, and most likely no one would complain unless I
broke something, but when dealing with code that I'm not perfectly
familiar with, I /want/ more pairs of eyes looking at the patch,
before it goes in. Maybe no one else will look at it, but the delay this
imposes still gives me an extra chance to realize if I did something stupid.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe