Subject: Re: [boost] Transfer of Maintenance Rights
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-27 03:38:10

Christian Holmquist wrote:
> On 26 March 2010 10:05, Rutger ter Borg <rutger_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Christian Holmquist wrote:
>>
>>> Which libraries are in the state of no maintainer and how serious are
>>> their bug lists at this moment?
>> I guess there's a difference between "no maintainer" and
>> "unmaintained"/"needs more attention".
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rutger
>>

> Nit pickings aside, what is the immediate problem? This whole thread seems
> very theoretical to me. A lot of energy put into it from many people, that
> maybe could be used to improve the current state of affairs instead (i.e. by
> fixing bugs in abandoned libs)?

I think the immediate problem is this report of number of open tickets
per component:

        https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/report/19

Some of those issues are surely bugs that happen only on VAX machines, or
misuses of library, or features only submitter wants, but when a library
has 70, or 50, or 40 it still sounds too much.

- Volodya