Subject: Re: [boost] Low discrepancy sequences (Boost.Random)
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 11:59:20

AMDG

Justinas V. D. wrote:
> 2010.03.25 23:14, Steven Watanabe rašė:
>> Justinas V. D. wrote:

> I have uploaded the new version (v2) to Boost Vault. Does the
> implementation converge to the desirable state?

I didn't look at it very closely, but I have a few notes:
* bit_count. This appears to be equivalent to std::numeric_limits::digits?
* validation is eventually going to die, since it isn't in the standard.
  It will be moved to the tests, since that's the only place that it is
used.
* I'm not sure that the extra constructor/seed overloads are a good idea.
  (Yes, I know I asked for it, but it seems to expose the implementation
details, and
  I don't think it's all that useful without a corresponding way to get
the state. The
  rationale that you gave for only having the default constructor seems
reasonable.)

> I will tackle the documentation now. As everybody knows, it is the
> hardest part of the code to write. :-) Especially in this case, having
> in mind that the BoostBook format is something new altogether, but it
> seems grokable.

There's a fairly decent description of what you need to get
the toolchain set up at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BoostDocs/GettingStarted

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe