Subject: [boost] Observations - moving from boost_1_39_0 to boost_1_42_0
From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 12:41:09

Lets not lose site of what boost is doing right.

I've just updated to boost_1_42_0 from boost_1_39_0 for XCode and MSVC.

1. All but 2 previous workarounds for compiler warnings are non longer
needed
2. One wrinkle in build for xcode - now require --layout=versioned
3. MSVC (distributed) build of my app using boost completes 20% faster
4. My app's full test suite runs 10% faster

Thanks to all who've made this happen!

If your curious, the workarounds are for the archive exceptions in
portable_binary_archive, which should have been patched back in 1.40.
These are actually in the examples folder, not fully supported by
serialization at this time.

Jeff