Subject: Re: [boost] Crypto Proposal
From: Chad Seibert (chadseibert_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-14 13:21:58

Straight from the maintainer.

Hi Chad,

I don't think I would be comfortable with this; past conversations on
the list have suggested a sizeable population of the users is avoiding
boost for one reason or another and there was some pushback in terms
of even using boost in the library in a way that would require it for
basic functionality. This change would leave these users high and dry.

I'll admit I perhaps didn't read your proposal as carefully as I
should have; I had been under the impression that you would be
creating more or less a boost.crypto that provided crypto
functionality that happened to use botan internally but did not expose
much or any of botan's API directly.

Sorry for the miscommunication/mess. :(

-Jack

I don't know what this means in terms of the project - whether we'll go with a different project or just borrow bits from Botan. I am truly sorry I didn't look into this earlier; it was entirely my fault and I apologize for not looking into this issue earlier.

Chad Seibert