Subject: Re: [boost] Let's use stack exchange!
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-15 15:16:28

On 15 April 2010 14:20, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In addition it should help us with review managers issues. We can use
> "reputation" based system to qualify potential managers.

Ignoring the advantages or disadvantages of the stack overflow system
for questions and discussion, I think using it to qualify review
managers is a terrible idea. Joel of all people should know that
systems like that always get gamed.
<http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/08/09.html>

You "win" on Stack Overflow by refreshing like mad and putting in the
barest of answers as quickly as possible to get "first post", then
editing just enough to make it acceptable so others don't look at it
since it already has an accepted answer. I doubt that system will
find the kind of people we want as arbiters of the contents of Boost.