Subject: Re: [boost] Let's use stack exchange!
From: Eric MALENFANT (Eric.Malenfant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-16 09:26:58

It seems that this message did not make it to the list when I sent it yesterday.
Resending, and sorry for the noise if it ends up being a duplicate.

De : Scott McMurray
> On 15 April 2010 14:20, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > In addition it should help us with review managers issues. We can use
> > "reputation" based system to qualify potential managers.
> >
> You "win" on Stack Overflow by refreshing like mad and putting in the
> barest of answers as quickly as possible to get "first post", then
> editing just enough to make it acceptable so others don't look at it
> since it already has an accepted answer. I doubt that system will
> find the kind of people we want as arbiters of the contents of Boost.

Just wondering: This is possibly more related to the size, variety, or "culture" of the "stackoverflow community" than a consequence of the system itself. Things may be different in an eventual "boostoverflow community".