Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Bonding period
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-27 17:16:16

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Blechmann" <tim_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 10:46 PM

> hi andrew,
>

>> == Bjam and Quickbook ==
>> Bjam is the build tool used to compile Boost libraries, test suites,
>> examples, and applications. For information on writing Bjam project files,
>> read the manual, here [5].
>
> is there some documentation on how to build a library, that is not placed in
> the boost root?
> like if i have boost trunk somewhere on the filesystem and my project at
> sandbox/myproject/boost and sandbox/myproject/libs, how can i integrate the
> build system correctly? i remember, i once tried it, but in the end, i gave
> up ...

I reached to get this sometime ago, but it was broken. So I have moved to put my libraries on the boost root directory.

The single difference is that you need to checkout your library for each Boost version you want to check. While not optimal, it works for me, even if I'm also interested in an independent solution.

Best,
Vicente Juan Botet Escribá
http://viboes.blogspot.com/