Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC][Phoenix3] Regarding mutability of arguments passed to phoenix expressions
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-28 13:26:32

On 4/28/2010 10:19 AM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> Thomas Heller wrote:
>> Regarding arguments to phoenix expressions there are two possibilities.
>> The first is: Arguments are mutable. The current phoenix is
>> implemented to be able to this.

We now have lambdas in C++0x. IMO, we should be paying attention to the
default semantics of lambdas which, IIRC, accept their arguments by
value(?), and have special syntax for accepting their arguments by
reference. Someone should correct me if I got that backwards. In the
long haul, I think this will satisfy the Principle of Least Surprise.

And yes, now is the time for breaking changes. It is likely to be
unavoidable, anyway.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing