Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] CodeSynthesis XSD 3.3.0 released
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-28 21:52:56

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 4/28/2010 10:00 AM, Boris Kolpackov wrote:
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> Boris, I thought we agreed that the boost developer list is an
>>> inappropriate place to post your product announcements.
>>
>> My understanding was that announcing unrelated projects is
>> inappropriate. Besides XSD using Boost in the implementation
>> of the compiler, the generated code has several integration
>> points with Boost, as I have described in the second paragraph
>> of the announcement:
> <snip>
>> I apologize if this is still considered inappropriate.
>
> The boost developer list is for discussion about issues related to the
> development of boost. So yes, announcements about XSD are inappropriate
> here. Things that may be of /interest/ to boost developers+users should
> be directed to boost-interest_at_lists.boost.org.

True, this should be on the boost-interest list, but it is GPL so
quite worthless for many boost users, if you wished to uninfect it
(and perhaps submit it as a Boost project) then many more people would
be interested. I release all my code under a Boost-style license, the
utter crap of the GPL that is infecting that product would prevent me
from doing that.