Subject: Re: [boost] 1.43.0 range_ex
From: Neil Groves (neil_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-06 03:13:46

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Before 1.43.0, range_ex had boost::make_reversed_range. In 1.43.0, it
> seems
> to have been renamed to boost::adaptors::reverse.
>
> This is unfortunate, as there is also a
> boost::reverse function that means something different.
>
> The change was in response to review feedback. There were a large number of
people that strongly believe that make_XXX_range was too long and the
distinction was unnecessary. I pushed back quite hard with the same
rationale as you just provided, but actually I think the feedback was good.
I have been using the new version with the shorter name and it the source
code reads better. I typically do rng | adaptors::reversed. The
boost::adaptors::reverse(rng) seems pretty clear too.

I hope this change doesn't upset anyone too much. I have tried hard to
respond constructively to the naming arguments.

Regards,
Neil Groves