Subject: Re: [boost] Namespace for a Boost Hashing Library
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-11 14:00:14

On 11 May 2010 12:25, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Well there are several in very common use [...] I would
> have thought that many people who could make use of
> these - perhaps in ways that are not common at present
> (part numbers, error checked GPS coordinates ...).
>
> But what do others think?

There's definitely a library there, and as much of it would be concept
distilling, it might fit very well in GSoC.

My disinterest is simply in the context of the Hash library, where I
don't think they fit. (Input format is different, output format is
different, and expected incidental errors are different.)