Subject: Re: [boost] [Booster] Or boost is useless for library developers
From: Isidor Zeuner (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-16 02:19:21

> So I do have my own reasons, and BTW Boost.Locale is written with
> backward ABI compatibility in mind.
>
> So once boost "stabilization" would be started as official part of
> boost I'll be the first who helps.

But why not make a boost trunk clone on gitorious.org and start a
boost stable branch yourself? It would probably need some documented
update policy (like: sync down from trunk every maybe 2 or 5 years,
and in between only ABI-neutral changes are imported and bugs fixed)
so users will know they will not be caught in a fork, but have a
defined schedule on when to expect new features from mainline boost
coming in. But then I could imagine interesting contributors or at
least people providing feedback coming along themselves.

Best regards,

Isidor