Subject: Re: [boost] A Remedy for the Review Manager Starvation
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-17 14:02:42

On 17 May 2010 16:45, Stewart, Robert <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Perhaps that is the wrong way to view this.  Perhaps there should be a two-stage review queue.  The first stage for author's requesting an RMA to look at standards compliance and general review readiness of a proposed library.  The second stage for libraries that have passed the readiness review, possibly need a RM, and can be scheduled at any time.

+1

Given the cost of the formal review period, I think this is very sensible.

I also like that it gives someone looking for a library a meaningful
distinction between a sandbox directory and a review queue entry,
since currently the difference is just "sent an email asking to get on
the list", which doesn't tell me anything important.