Subject: [boost] Can Boost accept libraries that works only with C++0x compilers?
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 10:56:57

Hi,

Boost has a high reputation due, between others, to having high portable libraries.

I was wondering if this portability goal would not return against Boost, and limit the expressivenes of the libraries that can be included if we continue to force them to work with C++98 compilers.

Even if C++0x is not yet released, there are already some compilers that allow to release these C++0X specific libraries.

In order to have the best of both worlds, what do you think about start accepting libraries that are portable on C++0x compilers? This could be released as a separated package, that will, of course, depend on the current Boost package.
I don't know if we need a specific namespace for these kind of libraries.

Comments are welcome.

Best,
Vicente