Subject: [boost] CGI / FastCGI library update
From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 20:14:42

Hi,

I have packaged a version of a CGI / FastCGI library* up to sourceforge and
would very much appreciate feedback and critique from interested parties.
Feedback from this list has been invaluable in the past. You can download
the library from:

http://sf.net/projects/cgi/files

The documentation still needs work, which I am doing as I can find the time.
It can be found online at:

http://cgi.sf.net/docs

and a brief feature list can be found from:

http://cgi.sf.net

The library interface has reached a relatively stable point after a savage
bunch of changes recently and I'm quite pleased with how it is shaping up. A
brief list of features of the library are:

* Out of the box support for FastCGI and CGI, tested with Apache 2.2 and
mod_fcgid on Windows XP, 7 and linux.
* Type-safe access to different request data (eg. get / post / environment /
cookies)
* Access to request data in STL-like constructs, with some CGI-specific
helper functions.
* Optional support for user-defined, strongly-typed sessions.
* A lightweight utility wrapper for using HTML / XML / etc. templates -
dubbed "stencils".
* A traits-based design that allows library users to alter the
implementation of parts of the library at compile time.

For reference, the code is also in the Boost sandbox at:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2007/cgi/trunk

Cheers,
Darren

* the one started way back in the GSoC of 2007...