Subject: [boost] CGI / FastCGI library update
From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-18 20:14:42
I have packaged a version of a CGI / FastCGI library* up to sourceforge and
would very much appreciate feedback and critique from interested parties.
Feedback from this list has been invaluable in the past. You can download
the library from:
The documentation still needs work, which I am doing as I can find the time.
It can be found online at:
and a brief feature list can be found from:
The library interface has reached a relatively stable point after a savage
bunch of changes recently and I'm quite pleased with how it is shaping up. A
brief list of features of the library are:
* Out of the box support for FastCGI and CGI, tested with Apache 2.2 and
mod_fcgid on Windows XP, 7 and linux.
* Type-safe access to different request data (eg. get / post / environment /
* Access to request data in STL-like constructs, with some CGI-specific
* Optional support for user-defined, strongly-typed sessions.
* A lightweight utility wrapper for using HTML / XML / etc. templates -
* A traits-based design that allows library users to alter the
implementation of parts of the library at compile time.
For reference, the code is also in the Boost sandbox at:
* the one started way back in the GSoC of 2007...
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk