Subject: Re: [boost] CGI / FastCGI library update
From: Jarrad Waterloo (jwaterloo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-19 08:48:31

2 file requests
1) On file upload it would be nice to be notified at the beginning,
between processing the header and the multipart, and periodically, lets
say every 4K (configurable), in addition to the already when processed.
Also FastCGI supports giving a completed response before even the the
request is completely processed. Allowing the request and response to be
split in separate threads permits the server to give progress indicator
while the file is being uploaded.
2) Frequently, I disallow files from being saved on the server, rather I
would like to process the file while it is being uploaded. Use case
would be I may have a CSV parser that reads from a stream and would
notify me by callback upon successfully reading a row which I would then
process.