Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-21 07:46:01

At Thu, 20 May 2010 18:29:54 -0600,
OvermindDL1 wrote:

> > It isn't just picking a city.  Someone needs to commit to being the
> > point person to make sure that things happen, even if the other
> > volunteers have to bail.  I've put on minor events, and I've watched
> > friends put on major events, and it is a lot of work.
> >
> > And if we skip Aspen, it may hurt the relationships we've built up
> > with the Meadows and the Physics Center.  Changing the venue has
> > consequences.
> >

> > Personally, I vote for keeping it in Aspen.
>
> +1 for keeping it in Aspen.
>
> I should actually be able to attend next year, unless it is held
> further away, then travel costs raise that to a near impossibility
> again. I live only a 9-10 hour drive from Aspen, so the room costs
> are my main thing to deal with.

One way we could make it financially easier for many more to attend
would be to facilitate/coordinate room sharing. Many of these “rooms”
are actually moderate-sized apartments, with plenty of room so two
people can have private areas. Actually this is my wife's idea :-)

--
Dave Abrahams           Meet me at BoostCon: http://www.boostcon.com
BoostPro Computing