Subject: Re: [boost] BoostCon 2011 Dates and Hotel Discount (this week only!)
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-21 12:30:29

David Abrahams wrote:

> One way we could make it financially easier for many more to attend
> would be to facilitate/coordinate room sharing. Many of these "rooms"
> are actually moderate-sized apartments, with plenty of room so two
> people can have private areas. Actually this is my wife's idea :-)

lol - I can relate to that.

This is the first year I went. Since I pay from my own pocket
cost is a consideration for me. I arranged to share a room
with Vicente and it worked very well dispite quite different
habits. I'm an early riser, he's more a night owl. He snores
I fart, etc. Basically the "room" was really a large room with
two queen beds and a dividing partition. It as quite practical
for one person to be working in the "living room" (or even
out on the private patio!) while the other slept. Also, the
room had a little area with a microwave, refridgerator and
coffee machine so I bought some fruit and put it in the fridge
and made my own breakfast - for free every morning.
The hotel split the bill with no problem. And Vicente was great company.
Bottom line is that for me the room cost was around $80 + fees
and taxes. So I think those who have cost concerns should give this
serious consideration.

Robert Ramey