Subject: Re: [boost] [proposal] The boost.org Maintenance Effort
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-26 22:08:39

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:49 PM, Dean Michael Berris
> <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> After all the "marketing" stuff above, I'll outline below the concrete
>> steps I propose people allow me to do. Ultimately though there should
>> be a means of measuring whether the steps I take would lead to an
>> agreeable measure of success, so I point out some measures by which
>> you may hold me accountable to getting done. I invite everyone to
>> please comment on and discuss whether the steps/proposal makes sense
>> and whether there is a better way you think I can achieve this in case
>> you agree to my above statements.
>>
>> Step 1: Move static and not-so-static content over to Wordpress MU [0]
>
> I know nothing about Wordpress, so it is difficult for me to evaluate
> your proposal. Could you point me to a website that uses Wordpress in
> a way that is similar to what you are proposing? I'd like to see the
> administrative interface as well as the public facade.

Although technically hosted on wordpress.com (where you can also sign
up for a blog so you can mess around with it at your own pace), you
can go check gigaom.com and techcrunch.com -- they have a network of
blogs that have their own communities. Also, thisweekin.com is a
wordpress installation, and have different sub-sites for different
shows, each with their own communities.

> Are any of the Wordpress tutorials or video tutorials worth watching?
> Which ones?

Definitely, and wordpress.tv is the place to go for screencasts and
videos highlighting the ways you can do things with wordpress.

It's also really easy to set-up on a Linux machine and start messing
around with it.

HTH

--
Dean Michael Berris