Subject: [boost] [log] unspecified error when going from win7 to xp
From: Christoph Heindl (christoph.heindl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-27 11:38:36

Hi,

forgive me if the following error description is too vague.

We are currently using boost.log (exported on 2010/05/20, compiled
with msvc 9.0 sp1 on win7 against boost 1.40.0) in a large C++
project.

On top of this C++ project a C-API is placed to ease integration with
.NET's pInvoke technology. This C-API consists of very primitive
methods. Integration with .NET (2.0 or 3.x does not matter) works fine
on win7.
But when the executables are moved to a windows xp (or lower) based
platform (with all redistributables installed) it breaks with an
AccessViolationException.

We tracked down the problem (without the ability to debug :) to the
usage of BOOST_LOG_FUNCTION and/or BOOST_LOG_NAMED_SCOPE. If those
macros are not used, everything works fine again.

I know my description is vague, but maybe someone has an idea if the
problem is us or the problem could rely in those macros.

Help is desperately needed.

Best regards,
Christoph