Subject: Re: [boost] Mentoring (Was: Maintenance suspended)
From: Brian Bartman (bbartmanboost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-09 12:47:13

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> MPL then. Aleksey isn't very active anymore, and Dave is swamped. A
> simple thing you can do is check what differences exist between trunk
> and release for mpl and figure out how to bring release in sync. Be sure
> to check that the test result on trunk look healthy. Make specific
> proposals on this list and cc Dave and Aleksey. With their approval, you
> can merge to release (lots of folks here can help with that), and then
> watch the release test results to make sure you didn't break anything.

I need to be careful I don't attempt to bite off more then I can chew with
this ( I have a Job, GSoC and not as much free time as I would like). I may
not have enough free cycles due to GSoC, but I'll do my best to try to get
to this. Also if I have question should I just put them on list?

> Once you've gotten your feet wet, you can troll through the MPL bug list
> and start fixing bugs.
>
> >> And if not a library, then docs or test or website or infrastructure.
> >> Where do you think you'd like to help?
> >
> > I would like to start out bug fixing and anything that involves
> complicated
> > programming.
> >
> > I can do website stuff if there is need for it, but from what I have read
> on
> > list I can't tell if there has been a decision made to actually do
> something
> > about the website or not.
>
> Not sure yet. Dave and I will need help with website stuff eventually.
> Our ryppl-ized version of Boost will have a different architecture, and
> we will certainly need a new website to reflect that.

Alright please let me know if you need extra hands when it comes time to
work on that.