Subject: [boost] Any interest in creating new CORBA IDL to C++ mapping?
From: Johnny Willemsen (jwillemsen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-12 03:54:54

  Hi all,

We are talking with various users of TAO to see if we can create a new
modern IDL to C++ mapping. The idea is to drop all old compilers which
lead to the current mapping and make a new IDL to C++ mapping that is
using the latest draft C++0x standard.

We want to use full STL, shared_ptr, r-value, and everything else we
could need. The idea is to prototype this first in TAO and than see if
on the long term we can propose a new IDL to C++ V2 mapping to the OMG

I did find some discussions on this list about 2 years ago, are people
interested in this effort, any input is welcome.

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
www.theaceorb.nl