Subject: Re: [boost] Bug in boost graph library
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-16 14:13:05

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Arne Schwabe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> first I do not if this is the right list. I new to the boost mailling lists.

I think boost-users is typically where bug reports go, but I think this
list is fine as well. The bug tracker (Trac server) is at
<URL:https://svn.boost.org/>, but people also report many bugs only on the
lists.

> I found a bug in the edge_range function of adjancency list.
>
> I condensed a short example. When compiled with MSVC 9 and Debug settings I
> get a debug assertion, "sequence not ordered".
>
> From my understanding the edge_range function needs the stored edge list to
> be sorted for the std::equal_range function. If I inspect "c" with the
> debugger the edges are not sorted but in the same order as they were added to
> the graph.

You are right. The edge_range() function should not be provided for out
edge containers that are not associative containers. I disabled it in
r64074 on the Boost trunk; see if that changes how your code behaves.

> P.S.: If this not the right place for reporting bugs can you point to the
> right bug tracker/etc?

See above, but don't worry about it for this issue.

-- Jeremiah Willcock