Subject: Re: [boost] boost::bind result type
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-20 12:09:26

AMDG

David Sankel wrote:
> Thanks for clarifying what I meant by awkward. Is it possible, and if so
> how, to make a generic solution? The main problem I see is bind taking a
> type argument in some cases. Could boost.bind be modified to expose a result
> type? I haven't seen any reasons yet for bind not including this really
> useful feature.

I believe that there's an open feature request for Boost.Typeof emulation
support for Boost.Bind. If you're willing to live with your code only
working on gcc, msvc, and any other compilers that have a built-in
typeof or decltype, then you can use Boost.Typeof in native mode
now.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe