Subject: Re: [boost] New name of bjam.exe
From: Peter Bartlett (pete_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-20 12:12:50

>> Vladimir Prus wrote:

>>> I agree. The problem we're starting with is that "bjam.exe" is not
>>> correlated to "Boost.Build" at all. Replacing "bjam.exe" with
>>> something totally random will only create more confusion.
>>
>> When I suggested something correlated to Boost.Build, it was
>> rejected. I'm having a hard time understanding what's wanted.

The issue is the name is required to have two properties:

- Indicates that it is the Build tool under the Boost brand
- But _doesn't_ suggest it is useful only for building the Boost C++ libraries

With those criteria, I quite like "BBL", short for "the Boost Build
Library", but prounceable as "bubble".