Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess][trunk][windows] named_mutex doesn't work whithin a DLL
From: Johan Lindvall (johan.lindvall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-06 15:41:58

On 6 sep 2010, at 19.27, Ion Gaztañaga wrote:

> The problem is that I don't have any clue on how to solve this. I've googled around and there seems to be similar cases, but no explanation solution, maybe there are some restrictions when loading a dll?. Just to have a bit more infomration, which Win32 OS are you using, XP, Vista, 7?

I believe this is due to the DLL loader lock mechanism.

Basically, you are not supposed to call anything that might (implicitly) load another DLL from the DllMain function.

Google for "dll loader lock". The first link, "Best practices for creating DLLs" is a Word document describing the problem in detail.

--
/Johan.