Subject: Re: [boost] Is it time for another bug sprint? (Post 1.45 release, I mean)
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 11:28:58

On 10/27/2010 04:56 AM, Jim Bell wrote:

> Who are the release managers, and are they worrying about it? I'd love
> to hear what they're thinking.
>
> And I hope they're NOT thinking, "well, the calendar says 'release' so
> here we go..."
>
> Do they publish their thinking along the way?

Jim -

Eric Niebler who has been kindly engaging you is one of the release
managers. It seems that he has patiently provided his point-of-view. The
release process has been greatly improved over the past year thanks to
the hard work and dedication of the current managers. Is there room for
improvement? Certainly, but let me suggest that you also familiarize
yourself with how the process works and observe a release cycle. It will
only be 3-month before the craziness starts again.

You can find answers to some of your questions here:
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList>

Looking at the dev mail list history will also give you a good idea of
what occurs during a release and the efforts by the release team.

michael