Subject: Re: [boost] spirt status?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 12:46:13

Bryce Lelbach wrote:
>>> Basically, my view is that we cannot ship something that
>>> doesn't work at least as well as the previous version.
>>
>> I agree. I think it's better to let it mature first. I am not
>> testing on VC7.1 anymore, but there were some discussions a while
>> back that this has been addressed. At any rate, I don't think it
>> (the port) is ready for prime time yet.
>>
>> Regards,
>
> Agreed. I'll put some more work into this week. Hopefully it will be
> ready for next release (which will be, what, the main 1.45 release?).

OK - here is what I would like to see:

a) back the upgrade to spirit/qi out of the trunk
b) we'll let the trunk tests cycle a couple of days
c) I'll then merge the serialization trunk into the release branch.
d) we'll release boost 1.45 - I would hope this would be in the next 10 days
or sor
e) The spirit upgrade can then be put back into the trunk
f) trunk testing can then still be used to test the new spirit/qi
xml_iarchive
g) hopefully the developers of spirit/qi and xml_iarchive can get
all this resolved by the time 1.46 comes out.

Moving the new spirit/qi to xml_iarchive to a branch won't help
because the difficultities are only showing up on the test matrix machines.

Robert Ramey