Subject: Re: [boost] spirt status?
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-27 12:03:46

On 10/27/2010 09:46 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Moving the new spirit/qi to xml_iarchive to a branch won't help
> because the difficultities are only showing up on the test matrix machines.

Hi Robert -

While branches are not helpful for the testing phase in themselves, they
are a great tool for managing various independent changes to a library.
If the xml changes were in a branch they could be easily applied and
removed and re-applied to the trunk at any time.

I'm constantly amazed at the lack of branches in general for boost
development. They are trivial to create and make 'cherry-picking'
changes very easy. Considering how we (as a community) try to use the
trunk as a stable testing ground, the judicious application of branches
seems the only sensible way to develop.

best regards -
michael

--