Subject: Re: [boost] [1.45] Where are we in the release process?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-29 13:12:47

On 10/29/2010 5:03 AM, John Maddock wrote:
> I'm asking because someone's just assigned a Boost.Interval issue to me:
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4799#comment:1
>
> Seems like there is a trivial fix in Trunk, but as the library appears
> not to have been maintained for while, it looks like none of the patches
> that some folks have applied to Trunk have been merged to release :-(
>
> On a related note, I believe there are quite a few old and unmerged
> changes to the Utility lib as well.

According to the schedule Beman sent around earlier, we are now only
taking showstopper fixes. Beman?

> We really need to figure out a better way of dealing with this...

It currently requires a lot of discipline from each developer to make
sure every change they apply to trunk also ends up in release. I wonder
if commits to trunk to schedule a nag mail to be sent to the submitter a
week later that says, "Did you check the tests? Did you merge to
release?" Or open a track ticket that says, "merge changelist xxx to
release."

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing