Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-30 10:24:51

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:30:26 +0200, Jeff Flinn
<TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

> [...]Otherwise the following use case fails on Windows to redirect
> output to a file:
>
> void inherit_test
> (std::string exe, const args& a, std::string out, std::string err)
> {
> boost::iostreams::file_descriptor_sink stdOutFile;
> boost::iostreams::file_descriptor_sink stdErrFile;

thanks for your feedback and the test case! I think you are right with
everything you said. I only think because I can't reproduce the problem.
:-/ Not because there is no problem but because I get a linker error: No
single method of boost::iostreams::file_descriptor_sink is found. My
boost_iostreams-vc90-mt-gd-1_43.dll indeed provides only
boost::iostreams::file_descriptor but neither _sink nor _source.

I can't find any hint in the Boost.Iostreams documentation what I have to
do to build these classes, too (Boost 1.43 and VS2008). Everything works
fine on my Linux machine though (and your bug report is of course
Windows-specific). How did you build Boost.Iostreams?

Boris