Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Boost.Process done
From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-10-30 11:10:13

Boris Schaeling wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 20:30:26 +0200, Jeff Flinn
> <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
>> [...]Otherwise the following use case fails on Windows to redirect
>> output to a file:
>>
>> void inherit_test
>> (std::string exe, const args& a, std::string out, std::string err)
>> {
>> boost::iostreams::file_descriptor_sink stdOutFile;
>> boost::iostreams::file_descriptor_sink stdErrFile;
>
> thanks for your feedback and the test case! I think you are right with
> everything you said. I only think because I can't reproduce the problem.
> :-/ Not because there is no problem but because I get a linker error: No
> single method of boost::iostreams::file_descriptor_sink is found. My
> boost_iostreams-vc90-mt-gd-1_43.dll indeed provides only
> boost::iostreams::file_descriptor but neither _sink nor _source.
>
> I can't find any hint in the Boost.Iostreams documentation what I have
> to do to build these classes, too (Boost 1.43 and VS2008). Everything
> works fine on my Linux machine though (and your bug report is of course
> Windows-specific). How did you build Boost.Iostreams?

I'm using boost 1.44. The complete command line(s) that we use to build
static boost libs on windows with MSVC8 are:

bjam link=static runtime-link=static debug
-sZLIB_SOURCE=F:\boost\ZLib-1.2.5 stage

bjam define=_SECURE_SCL=0 link=static runtime-link=static release
-sZLIB_SOURCE=F:\boost\ZLib-1.2.5 stage

The zlib stuff shouldn't matter. And I've used the following include:

#include <boost/iostreams/device/file_descriptor.hpp>

Thanks, Jeff