Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Website performance, and disabling the code browser?
From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-28 17:47:48

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Dean Michael Berris
<mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> The idea of switching to MySQL is something I've been investigating this
>> past week (when I've gotten a chance from work) and it's not something that
>> can be done easily, AFAICT. It essentially boils down to exporting, editing
>> SQL, importing, and crossing fingers that Trac understands the new data.
>>

> Interesting. There's no tool or tutorial that comes with the MySQL
> storage module for Trac? I'd imagine someone's already done a
> migration tool for that. I'll Google around a bit to see if I can find
> anything in that line.

What I found with a quick Googling is this:
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SqLiteToMySql -- I'm positive you saw
this also while looking around I imagine. :D

> Is there a way for us to put Google Analytics on each page of Trac?
> That way we can see which pages are actually visited by people. I'm
> not very familiar with the template system but maybe someone else has
> already done a Trac module for putting Google Analytics in. I'll
> Google around some to see if I can find anything to this effect.

And a quick Googling around yielded this:
http://google.ufsoft.org/wiki/TracGoogleAnalytics -- maybe something
we can play around with to get a better idea what people are actually
doing on the Trac site. :)

HTH

--
Dean Michael Berris