Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Website performance, and disabling the code browser?
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-28 22:01:17

On 11/28/2010 4:47 PM, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:35 AM, Dean Michael Berris
> <mikhailberis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Rene Rivera<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> The idea of switching to MySQL is something I've been investigating this
>>> past week (when I've gotten a chance from work) and it's not something that
>>> can be done easily, AFAICT. It essentially boils down to exporting, editing
>>> SQL, importing, and crossing fingers that Trac understands the new data.
>>>

>> Interesting. There's no tool or tutorial that comes with the MySQL
>> storage module for Trac? I'd imagine someone's already done a
>> migration tool for that. I'll Google around a bit to see if I can find
>> anything in that line.
>>

> What I found with a quick Googling is this:
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/SqLiteToMySql -- I'm positive you saw
> this also while looking around I imagine. :D

Yep, I've seen that. And the fact that it starts out by requiring an
existing Trac install already running MySQL to get the schema seems
weird to me. Even if it is understandable why. But the real problems
with the Trac migrations I found is that none of them have been tested
against the latest version (what we have).

>> Is there a way for us to put Google Analytics on each page of Trac?
>> That way we can see which pages are actually visited by people. I'm
>> not very familiar with the template system but maybe someone else has
>> already done a Trac module for putting Google Analytics in. I'll
>> Google around some to see if I can find anything to this effect.
>>

> And a quick Googling around yielded this:
> http://google.ufsoft.org/wiki/TracGoogleAnalytics -- maybe something
> we can play around with to get a better idea what people are actually
> doing on the Trac site. :)

Not sure what that gains us. And in case I haven't posted this:

(%,seconds,path)
66.79 2450119482.93 /trac
66.27 2431033394.93 /trac/boost
19.24 705711654.42 /trac/boost/browser
18.91 693655902.26 /svn
18.91 693655839.11 /svn/boost
17.72 650181710.98 /svn/boost/!svn
17.07 626102510.20 /trac/boost/changeset
16.88 619327958.22 /svn/boost/!svn/vcc/default
16.88 619327958.22 /svn/boost/!svn/vcc
  6.53 239583046.05 /doc
  6.40 234697665.67 /trac/boost/browser/sandbox

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything