Subject: Re: [boost] [Preprocessor] Adding variadic macros support
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-29 15:17:43

On 11/29/2010 10:52 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

>>> Whenever I have gotten error messages from incorrect macros, using
>>> Boost PP, I just break down the macro from the inside as much as
>>> possible, into test pieces, and turn on the compiler switch that gives
>>> me proprocessed output.
>>
>> That does have to be done sometimes.
>
> Do you still remember the macro tracing facilities in Wave? It should be
> usable for this kind of problems, really.

Thanks for waking me up about this Wave facility. I will definitely use
it when needed. I admit I am guilty at not looking at Wave and seeing
what its functionality is, but I will do so now. I was aware of it in
general, as having the ability to allow the end-user to programatically
intercept the elements of a preprocessed file, but I had not
specifically lloked at its functionality to see how I might use it for
myself.