Subject: Re: [boost] [Bug Sprint] Final report for the (late 2010) Bug Sprint
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-07 13:44:02

On 12/07/2010 04:52 PM, Vicente Botet wrote:

> Marshall Clow-2 wrote:
>
>> Well, the bug sprint is over. [ But that doesn't mean you have to stop
>> fixing bugs if you don't want to! ]
>>
>> So - what did people think went well during the bug sprint?
>> What went poorly?
>> What can we do better next time (assuming that there is a next time)?
>>

> Hi,
>
> I hope there will be a next time. I find we need this kind of sprints to
> decrease the number of tickets.

As a long distance runner, I'd argue that sprints take you only a few
meters and than you have to stop and catch your breath. Measured over a
longer period of time, continuous jogging or even walking will take you
much further.

I therefore wonder if there are ways to make it more attractive to fix
bugs in general. Not only during bug sprints? Maybe we could have some
"Bug Fixer of the Month" Award? Or let contributors appear in the
release notes?

I don't know. In Web2.0, you are the coolest guy if your blogs are
referenced/read/whatever by the most people or if you have the most
friends, etc. In the boost community maybe you could gain a certain
standing by fixing bugs or contributing test cases...

Regards,

Roland