Subject: Re: [boost] [OT] Open Source Forking and Boost (was Re: [SQL-Connectivity] Is Boost interested in CppDB?)
From: Jonathan Franklin (franklin.jonathan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-12-15 22:59:00

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On 15/12/10 13:42, Dean Michael Berris wrote:
>> You fork when:
>>
>> - You want to.
>>
>> It should be that simple really. ;)

Turns out, it is (with a sufficiently permissive license).
;-)

> We all are free as wild pigs and we can do whatever we wish.
> I'm trying to stay with frames of reasonable thinking
> and strategic planning, with some principles of business.

That's great! But not all of us are in "this" with the same
interests, goals, or even the same concept of "reasonable" thinking.

> If there is no pragmatism and rationale behind your decision
> but "want to" then it's ego-driven development.

If there is no rationale, then it sounds like a whim to me. If there
is no pragmatism, it's probably doomed. So what? I still say go for
it, if that's what you want. You're probably not getting paid for it
in any case, so it better ultimately be what you want.
;-)

Jon