Subject: Re: [boost] [system][chrono] header-only libs
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 09:12:40

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:05 AM, vicente.botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Beman you have maybe missed the conditional compilation
>
> #if 1
> #define BOOST_SYSTEM_SOURCE
> #include <boost/system/detail/inlined/error_code.hpp>
> #else
> // old code
> #endif
>
> I used this artifice to make easier possible evolutions of these file on trunk. So at the end the else part will be removed and there will be no duplicated code.

Ah! Sorry, I missed that.

Is there a reason for having the "inlined" subdirectory within
boost/system/detail? Couldn't the two files just live in
boost/system/detail?

Could namespace boost::system::system_detail be renamed
boost::system::detail? Just to keep the names a bit shorter.

If you would prepare a patch against the current trunk, and send it to
me, I'll apply it locally, and do some testing.

Also, we need to document BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H, if I understand Anthony
correctly. Let's not forget that.

>> The test framework also needs more work.  Testing only the inlined
>> version doesn't give enough confidence the library version works OK.
>
> I've adapted the Boost.Chrono Jamfile to tests all the configurations

> I can add a similar kind of rule on Boost.System test so all the configurations are tested.

Yes, that's a necessity.

We have enough time to get Boost.System inlining done for 1.46 if we
get going on it right away.

Thanks,

--Beman