Subject: Re: [boost] [system][chrono] header-only libs
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-03 09:47:02

Beman Dawes wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 2:05 AM, vicente.botet <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Beman you have maybe missed the conditional compilation
>>
>> #if 1
>> #define BOOST_SYSTEM_SOURCE
>> #include <boost/system/detail/inlined/error_code.hpp>
>> #else
>> // old code
>> #endif
>>
>> I used this artifice to make easier possible evolutions of these file on
>> trunk. So at the end the else part will be removed and there will be no
>> duplicated code.
>
> Ah! Sorry, I missed that.
>
> Is there a reason for having the "inlined" subdirectory within
> boost/system/detail? Couldn't the two files just live in
> boost/system/detail?

No problem. I will change it.

> Could namespace boost::system::system_detail be renamed
> boost::system::detail? Just to keep the names a bit shorter.

I will move it to boost::system::detail, but in some cases the use of
system::detail:: will be needed to avoid ambiguity.

> If you would prepare a patch against the current trunk, and send it to
> me, I'll apply it locally, and do some testing.
>
> Also, we need to document BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H, if I understand Anthony
> correctly. Let's not forget that.

I will try to write something and sent it to you.

>>> The test framework also needs more work.  Testing only the inlined
>>> version doesn't give enough confidence the library version works OK.
>>
>> I've adapted the Boost.Chrono Jamfile to tests all the configurations

>> I can add a similar kind of rule on Boost.System test so all the
>> configurations are tested.
>
> Yes, that's a necessity.
>
> We have enough time to get Boost.System inlining done for 1.46 if we
> get going on it right away.

I will try to send it to you soon with all the requested modifications. It
would be really nice to be in time :)

Best,
Vicente