Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Graph Metagraph project
From: Hal Finkel (half_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-01-16 01:15:07

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 17:01 -0500, Gordon Woodhull wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
> > I am new in Boost libraries and have heard about Boost.Graph and
> > metaprograms. I think there is an ongoing project related called Metagraph.
> > How can I get in collaboration with the people working on it?
>
> Thanks for prompting me - I'm pleased to announce that the proposed MPL.Graph will be included in release 1.46 as a sublibrary of MSM! msm::mpl_graph
>
> This is just the first step in my quest for the Metagraph, the graph of graphs.
>
> I am submitting it for review in the next few months, currently working on the documentation.
>
> Think of any cool uses for compile-time graphs? I'd also appreciate any help with "porting" algorithms from run-time to compile-time {s/(/</ :-} - currently it just has dfs, bfs.

You might be interested in looking at Martin Erwig's Functional Graph
Library (available for Haskell or ML). I don't know Haskell or ML, but
I've found the algorithm implementations reasonably easy to understand
(there is also a paper), and I've found that using functional programs
as a "template" for template metaprograms is often easier than trying to
port imperative versions.

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~erwig/fgl/

 -Hal