Subject: [boost] [Git] Moving beyond arm waving?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 10:44:47

To move discussion of Git beyond the arm waving stage, I'd like to
suggest several concrete steps:

* Use the tag "[git]" to identify list postings discussing integration
of Git into Boost daily life. If that gets unwieldy, we can start a
separate mailing list.

* Start building documentation, with a lot of the initial effort going
into rationale and "how to do it". To that end, I've started to
populate a "Git" hierarchy on the Trac wiki:
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Git/GitHome. Please contribute!

* As a demonstration and proof-of-concept, a Boost library should
begin using Git. Presumably a public repository (on GitHub?) can
channel changes back to Boost svn. I'll volunteer the filesystem
library.

Comments?

--Beman