Subject: Re: [boost] [Git] Moving beyond arm waving?
From: Ivan Le Lann (ivan.lelann_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-02-02 11:33:16

----- "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]> a écrit :

> Comments?

If some Boost developper find following thoughts useful,
he should feel free to add them on this page:

As a humble Boost user, I would appreciate to see
more or less official distributions. Four examples:

Boost
 + Accepted (pending)
   + Managed (has a review manager)
     + Candidates (sandbox pre-review maturation, probably a mess)

I think this could make the maturation, review and integration process more
structured and visible. I'm not suggesting to change Boost integration
process, but only to have VCS be a better mirror of it than current sandbox.

I fail to see how current combination of both central VCS and monolithic
code base can easily lead to that, without burdening Boost itself.
I'm not a VCS expert, but I thought DVCS forks could model this.

Ivan